Skagit Valley College

Transferring Your Credits

Transferring International Credits to SVC

Please complete the steps below required for Skagit Valley College International Evaluations:

  1. Request Two Official Academic Records/Transcripts - Official means they are in sealed college envelopes.
  • Request one of the official transcripts be mailed to:

Skagit Valley College
Attn: Admissions Dept
2405 East College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

  • Request one of the official transcripts be mailed to you. You will then include that transcript when you mail the completed application form to AACRAO.
  • If your records are not already in English, you must include a Certified Literal English translation with both official academic records/transcripts requested above.
    Certified translators from the American Translators Association may be found at or you may use The Language Exchange located in Burlington, WA (
  1. AACRAO Application Form (This application can be completed online and printed. It is available at:
  • Read all instructions carefully before beginning.
  • Fill out and sign the AACRAO application form. AACRAO provides one copy of the evaluation so on the bottom of the first page in the space “mail additional copies” write directions to mail to:

Skagit Valley College
Attn: Admissions Department
2405 East College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

  • Where it asks for number of additional copies requested type: 0
  • Include the sealed envelope transcript you received from your college and English translation, if applicable.
  • Skagit Valley College requires AACRAO’s Course-by-Course evaluation.
  • Credit card billing information or money order for US $190.00. (no personal checks are accepted)
  • Send all materials to:

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Office of International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1135

  1. Report Results
  • AACRAO mails report results to SVC.
  • AACRAO evaluations typically are applied as elective credits at SVC. Introductory courses may possibly be applied as distribution credit. For other types of courses to be applied toward distribution requirements, request English version course descriptions be sent directly to SVC. They must be from the time you completed the courses.

If you have questions, contact SVC’s International Programs (360-416-7734).

Transferring SVC Credits to other US Institutions (2+2)

As an international student you may choose one of several options for completing your education at Skagit Valley College. SVC offers a general studies degree (AA) and three distinct transfer degree options: general transfer degree (AA-DTA), science degree, and music degree. SVC also offers ATA degrees in 26 professional/technical programs.

Many SVC students who complete a transfer degree (AA-DTA) continue their studies at Western Washington University, University of Washington, Eastern Washington University or Washington State University. SVC has transfer credit agreements with most 4-year institutions in Washington State. In most cases, SVC graduates have little problem with transferring SVC earned credit to other 4-year colleges and universities across the U.S. If you are considering a transfer from SVC to a 4-year college or university outside of Washington State, it is recommended that you consult the Admissions Office at the institution you are considering, in order to verify credit transfer ability.

Typically, SVC students who transfer to a 4-year college or university do as well or better than students who began their studies at the same 4-year college or university.